Low Carb Recipes & Resources for a Keto Diet
What is the Keto Diet?
A ketogenic diet is a low carbohydrate way of eating that triggers a metabolic state of ketosis. While originally formulated to reduce the amount of seizures in epileptic children, the additional health benefits being recorded are staggering.
The body thrives in state of ketosis and many experience major health improvements including:
- effortless weight loss
- high energy levels & sharp mental clarity
- managed blood sugar (even reversal of T2 diabetes)
- improved mental health (depression, anxiety)
- hormonal regulation & fertility (PCOS)
- better digestion (IBS)
- ... and more!
Looking for low carb recipes? Check out some of my best Keto friendly meals.
What to eat on Keto Diet?
It may seem daunting to give up your beloved bread and pasta -- don't worry! There are tons of recipes and products out there that will make this transition a lot easier.
In the meantime, you'll want to stick to some low carb foods such as:
- All types of meats including fatty cuts
- Seafood and shellfish
- Vegetables that grow above ground
- Cheese, sour cream and heavy cream
- Butter & coconut oil
- Nuts & seeds
- High lactose dairy
- Most fruits