Do you need a ketogenic eating out guide for all of your favorite restaurants? Don't worry, there are plenty of options available that won't ruin your progress!
Finding Keto Restaurants can sometimes be a bit of a struggle.
With so many options to choose from, it's easy to become overwhelmed.
Here you'll find some of the best items to choose from, as well as my collection of dining out guides for popular chains.
Whether you're looking for fast food or more of a sit-down restaurant, I've got you covered!
Keto Restaurants Guides
What can I eat on a ketogenic diet when eating out?
Most restaurant food is loaded with either sugar or starch -- or a combination of the two.
While it may taste great, the net carb counts are often way too high for a ketogenic diet.
At my favorite Keto restaurants, there are plenty of options to order without falling out of ketosis.
Generally speaking, some of the lowest carb options you can choose for an entrée include:
- Meat - Enjoy your favorite cuts of beef, pork, chicken, turkey, etc. Just avoid anything battered and deep-fried.
- Sandwiches with no bun - Order your favorite sandwich without the bread. Just be mindful of condiments and toppings that could have high carb counts.
- Lettuce-wrapped burgers - I absolutely love burgers and these are a perfect low car choice. I load mine up with healthy fats from bacon and avocado.
- Chicken wings - Choose a low carb sauce (like buffalo or ranch) and double-check with the kitchen that they aren't breaded in flour.
- Burrito bowls - Get all of you favorite meats, veggies and toppings. Just avoid the tortilla chips, beans and rice.
Remember, these are general guidelines.
Always double check the nutrition information for your meal if possible.
When choosing a side dish at Keto restaurants, the best options tend to be:
- Caesar salad - order without or remove croutons.
- Side salad - choose a creamy dressing like ranch, Caesar or bleu cheese.
- Steamed veggies - broccoli, cauliflower, and zucchini are the best options.
- Steamed green beans - add melted lemon butter or bacon for a yummy treat.
- Sautéed mushrooms - these make a great side dish or appetizer.
Keto Restaurants Near Me
Use Google to search for for Keto restaurants near you.