Sep 13, 2017
Chipotle is one of my absolute favorite stops for a quick Keto-friendly lunch. The flavors are simple, fresh and delicious.
Want to recreate some familiar Chipotle flavors at home? My Instant Pot Barbacoa Chipotle Copycat is super tasty and convenient for make ahead meals!
Very basic protocol here — avoid tortillas, chips, rice and beans. You’ll likely want to order either a burrito bowl (no rice/beans) or a salad.
Fortunately, there’s a lot of great stuff at Chipotle for us ketopians!
* Values below are based on nutrition information from Chipotle. Values may differ, use your best judgement.
- Chicken (180 calories, 7g fat, 0g carbs and 32g protein)
- Steak (150 calories, (6g fat, 1g carbs, 1g fiber and 32g protein)
- Carnitas (210 calories, 12g fat, 0g carbs and 23g protein)
- Barbacoa (170 calories, 7g fat, 2g carbs, 1g fiber and 24g protein)
- Sofritas (150 calories, 10g fat, 9g carbs, 3g fiber and 8g protein)
Toppings & Condiments
- Fajita vegetables, (20 calories, 0g fat, 5g carbs, 1g fiber and 1g protein)
- Queso (120 calories, 8g fat, 4g carbs, 0.5g fiber and 6g protein)
- Fresh tomato salsa (25 calories, 0g fat, 1g carbs, 1g fiber and 0g protein)
- Tomatillo-green chili salsa (15 calories, 0g fat, 4g carbs, 0g fiber and 0g protein)
- Tomatillo-red chili salsa (30 calories, 0g fat, 4g carbs, 1g fiber and 0g protein)
- Sour cream (110 calories, 9g fat, 2g carbs, 0g fiber and 2g protein)
- Cheese (110 calories, 5g fat, 1g carbs, 0g fiber and 6g protein)
- Guacamole (230 calories, 22g fat, 8g carbs, 6g fiber and 2g protein)
- Romaine lettuce (5 calories, 0g fat, 1g carbs, 1g fiber and 0g protein)
- My Go-To: Barbacoa burrito bowl with no rice/beans, fresh tomato salsa, sour cream, cheese and guacamole (765 calories, 54g fat, 18g carbs, 8.5g fiber and 40g protein) 6 Net Carbs
- Chicken salad (no dressing), with tomatillo-red chili salsa, sour cream, cheese, guacamole and romaine lettuce (665 calories, 46g fat, 16g carbs, 8g fiber and 42g protein) 8 Net Carbs
- Burrito bowl, no rice/beans, with chicken and steak, sour cream, cheese (550 calories, 30g fat, 4g carbs, 1g fiber and 61g protein) 3 Net Carbs
Tips & Tricks
- Chipotle lore says that ordering guacamole on the side often results in getting more.
- You can order two types of meat for the price of one. Just say, “half chicken and half steak.” Or you can ask for one serving of each, or double of one meat.
- If you would like fajita vegetables, you will have to ask for them. They won’t ask if you’d like them.
- Most of the dairy in Chipotle restaurants is made from the milk of pastured, grass-fed cows. Kudos!
- The queso isn’t worth the carb count, in my opinion.
- Go wild with the various hot sauces near the cutlery if that’s your thing. I tend to like my burrito bowl without them.
Want to customize your meal? Chipotle has a nifty calculator on their website.
What’s your favorite option at Chipotle? Comment below!
More Keto Restaurant Guides
Get the printable version of all Keto Eating Out Guides for just $5.
I greatly appreciate your support!
Eat 'n Park
Dominic is a passionate cat dad and Keto enthusiast from Pittsburgh. When he's not motivating the Keto community on Instagram, you can likely find him in the kitchen cooking up something delicious with his husband, Seth.