“This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.”
With Thanksgiving just around the corner, I felt as though a Keto friendly gravy recipe would be appropriate. Serve this over your mashed cauliflower and you're set! Even your mashed potato eating family will love this gravy!
I whip this up one of my favorite kitchen shortcuts -- Better than Bouillon bases. They're much more flavorful than traditional bouillon and they instantly add a deep, slow cooked flavor to my keto recipes. I refer to it as a flavor bomb and best of all, it's fairly low in carbs too.
Better Than Bouillon Nutrition Information & Ingredients
Better Than Bouillon offers a variety of flavors including: roast beef, chicken, ham and even garlic. Choose something that will compliment your meal (I always have the beef and roasted chicken on hand!).
The ingredients for the roasted chicken base include: Chicken Meat Including Natural Chicken Juices, Salt, Sugar, Corn Syrup Solids, Chicken Fat, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Dried Whey (Milk), Flavoring, Disodium Inosinate and Guanylate, Turmeric.
These ingredients are not perfect by any means, and homemade will always be best. But it's much better than most other store-bought brands.
The flavor is quintessential of comfort food. It's deep and it's real. Like you've been simmering a pot of delicious stew all day! You cant go wrong with this delicious low carb addition!
Easy Keto Gravy
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoon Better Than Bouillon
- 2 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Melt butter In a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Whisk in water, pepper and Better Than Bouillon until combined. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and whisk in cream cheese, stirring occasionally until smooth and without lumps. Roughly 10-15 minutes.
- If mixture to too wet, keep cooking until desired consistency is reached. If mixture is too thick, add small amounts of water until desired consistency is reached.
Keto Gravy Recipe Tips & Tricks
- No cream cheese on hand? You could just as easily make a low carb gravy with heavy cream or a pinch of xanthan gum.
- This is excellent served with my Sausage Stuffing Balls as a side dish.
- Adjust the gravy to your tastes. Some like it saltier than others.
- Take note that a full serving is ¼ cup -- it's quite generous!
- Instead of butter, you can substitute bacon fat for a deep, smokey flavor.
What's your favorite low carb gravy recipe? Comment below!
Great recipe for a creamy gravy!
Have a question.........what flavor of Better Than Bouillon did you use? Sounds pretty easy and delious.
I always have the beef, chicken and veggie versions in my fridge, but I tend to go for beef for my gravy.