“This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.”
When I'm on the go and haven't prepared a meal to take with me, I pull out my Keto Wendy's Menu Guide and start hunting for something tasty!
I may be biased because I worked at a Wendy's when I was in high school, but I feel as though there are some great menu items available that won't ruin your progress with Keto.
Eating fast food is not ideal, but it sure does make the low carb lifestyle a lot easier to maintain.
Overview of Keto Wendy's Menu
For the most part, ordering low carb at Wendy's is a lot like navigating the menu at McDonald's.
Your options will likely be a sandwich without the bun or a salad.
When you ask for "no bun please," your order will come in a plastic container, complete with a fork and knife. It's such a convenient Keto-friendly option on the go!
If you'd rather have your sandwich wrapped in a lettuce wrap, you can request that too.
* Values below are based on nutrition information from Wendy's. Values may differ or change.
Wendy's recently rolled out their breakfast menu nationwide and it is delicious! Try ordering one of these breakfast sandwiches without the bread to keep your carbs low:
- Breakfast Baconator (no bun): 560 calories, 47g fat, 6g carbs, 29g protein
- Sausage, Egg and Cheese (no bun): 370 calories, 33g fat, 3g carbs, 17g protein
- Bacon, Egg and Cheese (no bun): 190 calories, 15g fat, 2g carbs, 13g protein
- Strawberries: 20 calories, 0g fat, 5g carbs, 1g fiber, 0g protein
- Bacon (side): 60 calories, 4g fat, 1g carbs, 4g protein
- Sausage patty: 240 calories, 22g fat, 2g carbs, 9g protein
Did you know that you can order meat individually without ordering a full sandwich?
- Jr. Hamburger patty (plain with no bun): 120 calories, 8g fat, 0g carbs, 10g protein
- Single Hamburger patty (plain with no bun): 240 calories, 18g fat, 1g carbs, 20g protein
- Grilled Chicken Breast (plain with no bun): 130 calories, 2g fat, 0g carbs, 29g protein
- Applewood Smoked Bacon (1 strip): 30 calories, 2g fat, 0g carbs, 2g protein
You can also add additional patties to your burger to score a good price.
Keto Wendy's Bunless Sandwiches
Be default, the burgers at Wendy's come with sliced cheese, even when ordered plain. Be sure to specify if you would like yours without.
- Single (plain with no bun): 320 calories, 25g fat, 3g carbs, 24g protein
- Double (plain with no bun): 570 calories, 42g fat, 4g carbs, 43g protein
- Triple (plain with no bun): 850 calories, 63g fat, 6g carbs, 65g protein
- Baconator (plain with no bun): 680 calories, 51g fat, 5g carbs, 52g protein
- Son of Baconator (plain with no bun): 400 calories, 30g fat, 2g carbs, 29g protein
- Big Bacon Classic (plain with no bun): 380 calories, 29g fat, 3g carbs, 28g protein
- Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger (plain with no bun): 200 calories, 15g fat, 1g carbs, 14g protein
- Double Stack (plain with no bun): 260 calories, 19g fat, 1g carbs, 20g protein
The lowest carb chicken sandwich at Wendy's is the grilled chicken breast. While the homestyle and spicy chicken may be tempting, they have too many carbs for Keto, even without the bun.
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich (plain with no bun): 130 calories, 2g fat, 0g carbs, 29g protein
- Grilled Asiago Ranch Club (no bun): 330 calories, 19g fat, 3g carbs, 1g fiber, 38g protein
- Crispy Chicken Sandwich (plain with no bun): 160 calories, 9g fat, 9g carbs, 10g protein
- Chicken Nuggets (4 piece): 170 calories, 11g fat, 10g carbs, 9g protein
- Spicy Chicken Nuggets (4 piece): 190 calories, 12g fat, 9g carbs, 1g fiber, 10g protein
Promotional and Seasonal Sandwiches
One thing I really enjoy at Wendy's is the seasonal promotional offers. While the sandwiches are very similar (if not the same) than previous years, they are typically only offered for a limited time during the year.
- Bacon Jalapeno Grilled Chicken (no bun or onions): 320 calories, 18g fat, 3g carbs, 36g protein
- Grilled Avocado BLT Chicken (no bun): 420 calories, 27g fat, 6g carbs, 2g fiber, 39g protein
- Barbecue Grilled Chicken (no bun or onions): 250 calories, 8g fat, 10g carbs, 34g protein
- Grilled Jalapeno Popper Chicken (no bun): 290 calories, 15g fat, 4g carbs, 36g protein
View this post on Instagram
Toppings & Condiments
- American Cheese, (1 slice): 40 calories, 3.5g fat, 1g carbs, 2g protein
- Cheddar Cheese (1 slice): 80 calories, 6g fat, 0g carbs, 5g protein
- Asiago Cheese (1 slice): 50 calories, 4g fat, 1g carbs, 3g protein
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese: 70 calories, 6g fat, 1g carbs, 4g protein
- Mayonnaise: 50 calories, 5g fat, 0g carbs, 0g protein
- Mustard: 5 calories, 0g fat, 0g carbs, 0g protein
- Ketchup: 10 calories, 0g fat, 2g carbs, 0g protein
- Cheddar Cheese Sauce: 20 calories, 1.5g fat, 1g carbs, 1g protein
- Pickles (3), Red Onion (2 rings), or Iceberg Lettuce: 0 calories, 0g fat, 0g carbs, 0g protein
- Tomato (1 slice) or Spring Mix: 5 calories, 0g fat, 1g carb, 0g protein
- Tartar Sauce: 110 calories, 12g fat, 0g carbs, 0g protein
- Strawberries: 20 calories, 0g fat, 5g carbs, 1g fiber, 0g protein
Wendy's salads are available in two sizes: half and full. The nutritional breakdowns do not include dressing.
- Summer Strawberry Salad (half, no candied almonds): 170 calories, 8g fat, 6g carbs, 3g fiber, 21g protein
- Summer Strawberry Salad (full, no candied almonds): 350 calories, 16g fat, 11g carbs, 5g fiber, 43g protein
- Parmesan Caesar Chicken Salad (half): 240 calories, 13g fat, 4g carbs, 3g fiber, 28g protein
- Parmesan Caesar Chicken Salad (full): 400 calories, 21g fat, 8g carbs, 5g fiber, 49g protein
- Southwest Avocado Chicken Salad (half): 220 calories, 13g fat, 7g carbs, 4g fiber, 21g protein
- Southwest Avocado Chicken Salad (full): 450 calories, 26g fat, 13g carbs, 7g fiber, 42g protein
Keep reading to see which salad dressings are lowest in carbs at Wendy's.
- Caesar Dressing: 80 calories, 8g fat, 1g carbs, 1g protein
- Southwest Ranch Dressing: 80 calories, 8g fat, 2g carbs, 1g protein
- Champagne Vinaigrette: 60 calories, 3g fat, 7g carbs, 0g protein
The other salad dressings have way too many grams of carbs and are not a great choice for a ketogenic diet.
If you decide to order the lemonade, be sure to specify that you'd like the Minute Maid brand. This one is sugar-free and very low in calories.
Wendy's also makes fresh lemonade that is packed with sugar, so don't confuse the two.
- Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Unsweetened Iced Tea: 0 calories, 0g fat, 0 carbs, 0g protein
- Minute Maid Light Lemonade: 10 calories, 0g fat, 0g carbs, 0g protein
- Cold Brew Iced Coffee (small): 15 calories, 0g fat, 3g carbs, 1g protein
- Cold Brew Iced Coffee (large): 25 calories, 0g fat, 5g carbs, 1g protein
Is the Chili at Wendy's suitable for a Keto Diet?
The chili at Wendy's is not especially Keto-friendly, but it can be a decent option depending on the amount of carbs you are able to consume.
A small Wendy's chili is 240 calories and 14g net carbs per serving.
If you do decide to enjoy a cup of chili, try adding sour cream or shredded cheese to make it even more satiating.
What is your favorite Keto Wendy's option to order?
Do the analyses for plain burger no bun include the cheese you say that will still include? I ordered a big bacon classic no bun, and they gave it with cheese but no condiments.
Yes, they include the cheese.
Paul J Gleason
What about the chili? Love that stiff
Me too! It's about 14g of carbs for a small cup. So long as it fits into your daily carb limit, I don't see any reason why you couldn't enjoy it occasionally.
Would love to see Wendy's breakfast sandwiches without the bun nutritional information on this site.
Thats what I came her for as well
The breakfast items are listed with nutritional info
When I'm strapped for time I usually get either a Daves double or triple, no bun, no onion, no tomato. Done!
Sounds delish! I'm not a fan of their onions.
Willl you have an app for android soon? Love your site.
My Keto Snack Box
Thank you for sharing! We haven’t ate fast food for years and lately we’ve been considering our favorite chain, Wendy’s. Will need to check these items out. Thanks for the info!
Is the new bacon chicken avacado with no bun considered low carb/Keto
Should be as long as you get the grilled chicken!
I normally get the jr bacon cheeseburger (bunless), but that baconator looks awesome so I might have to get that..or just two jr cheeseburgers put together. 🙂 Thanks for this article. Interesting seeing the stats.
This was quite helpful! I had no idea Wendy’s could be so accommodating. Game changer!
I doubt the nutrition content provided here for Mayonnaise as it does include HFCS and Corn syrup clearly specified.
So does bacon typically and they're still considered zero carbs. When the label reads 0g carbs, this means that there was less than 0.5 grams carbs and by law, they don't have to round up.