When you need caffeine on the go, be sure to pull up this Keto Starbucks Guide for all of the lowest carb options available.
Starbucks is easily the most popular coffee chain in the world. With a wide range of offerings, there is something for everyone!
- Using the app is really convenient and it gives you the functionality to customize your order!
- There’s a points system built into the app that offers promotions like a free beverage on your birthday.
- Don’t feel self-conscious about a custom order — the baristas are used to it and are very accommodating.
- Double-check for hidden sugars. For example, a standard grande iced coffee comes out to 20g carbs.
- Avoid the obvious sugar culprits — the Frappucinos, caramel macchiatos, chai tea lattes and lemonades.
- Are you more of a Dunkin’ fan? I put together a guide for navigating their menu as well!
How to Order at Starbucks
The biggest hang-up that most seem to have with Starbucks is the naming convention on the sizes. Fear not, it’s actually pretty simple.
- Short – 8oz (equivalent of an extra-small)
- Tall – 12 oz (equivalent of a small)
- Grande – 16 oz (equivalent of a medium)
- Venti – 20 oz (equivalent of a large)
- Trenta – 31 oz (equivalent of an extra-large)
Each order of Egg Bites comes with two pieces:
- Bacon & Gruyere Egg Bites: 310 calories, 22g fat, 9g carbs, 19g protein
- Ham, Cheddar & Peppers Egg Bites: 250 calories, 16g fat, 11g carbs, 17g protein
- Egg White & Red Pepper Egg Bites: 170 calories, 7g fat, 13g carbs, 1g fiber, 13g protein
- Chicken Chorizo Tortilla Egg Bites: 230 calories, 13g fat, 13g carbs, 15g protein
There aren’t a ton of lunch options at Starbucks, but these may fit into your daily carb count.
- Grilled Chicken & Cauliflower Tabbouleh (half): 130 calories, 12g fat, 7g carbs, 3g fiber, 2g protein
- Garden Greens & Shaved Parmesan Salad: 170 calories, 13g fat, 9g carbs, 2g fiber, 7g protein
- Chicken Quinoa Soup: 120 calories, 3.5g fat, 10g carbs, 1g fiber, 13g protein
- Avocado spread: 90 calories, 8g fat, 5g carbs, 4g fiber, 1g protein
- Kerrygold Butter, 1 pat: 50 calories, 6g fat, 0g carbs, 0g protein
Sweeteners & Syrups
I prefer to drink my coffee black, but there are options if you prefer yours a little sweeter.
Adding a couple pumps of sugar-free syrup or a few packets of sweetener couldn’t be easier.
- Sugar-free Vanilla syrup, 1 pump: 0 calories, 0g fat, 0.5g carbs, 0g protein
- Sugar-free Cinnamon Dolce syrup, 1 pump: 0 calories, 0g fat, 1g carbs, 0g protein
- Skinny Mocha sauce, 1 pump: 15 calories, 0.5g fat, 1g carbs, 1g protein
- Whole Earth Sweetener, 1 packet: 0 calories, 0g fat, 0g carbs, 2g erythritol, 0g protein
- Splenda, 1 packet: 0 calories, 0g fat, 0.5g carbs, 0g protein
Dairy & Creamer
This is where things can get a little confusing. While I love that they aren’t skimpy with ingredients, I notice that the baristas at Starbucks tend to be a little heavy-handed when you order “a splash” of cream in your coffee. Because of this, I recommend ordering it on the side or adding your own at the condiment bar. This is the only real way to know how much you’re actually consuming.
- Skim milk, 2 tbsp: 10 calories, 0g fat, 1.5g carbs, 1g protein
- Whole milk, 2 tbsp: 20 calories, 1g fat, 1g carbs, 1g protein
- Heavy whipping cream, 2 tbsp: 100 calories, 10g fat, 1g carbs, 1g protein
- Half and Half, 2 tbsp: 36 calories, 3g fat, 1.5g carbs, 1g protein
- Soy milk, 2 tbsp: 16 calories, 1g fat, 2g carbs, 1g protein
- Almond milk, 2 tbsp: 8 calories, 1g fat, 0.5g carbs, 0g protein
- Coconut milk, 2 tbsp: 10 calories, 1g fat, 1g carbs, 0g protein
- Whipped Cream, 1 serving: 100 calories, 9g fat, 2g carbs, 0g protein
You can add these items to your order or add your own in the shakers at the condiment station. I honestly wouldn’t even worry about tracking these if you’re just adding a dash — aside from the vanilla bean powder.
- Vanilla bean powder
- Cocoa powder
The vanilla bean powder is made almost entirely of sugar, but the nutritional information isn’t listed online. To be on the safe side, I’d probably count each dash as 1 carb.
There are plenty of hot Starbucks Keto coffee drinks to sample on the menu. Experiment with something new, you may be surprised at what you discover!
If you’re a purist, you’ll be pleased to know that all of the fresh brewed coffee (black, nothing in it) is very low in carbs, at any size.
There are a variety of options to choose from and it varies depending on the time of year. My personal favorite is the Pike Place.
In general, you can expect:
- Brewed Coffee: 10 calories, 0g fat, 0g carbs, 0g protein
The Caffè Americano is a simple concoction of espresso shots and hot water that creates a light layer of crema. The nutrition is the same for the Blonde Caffè Americano.
- Caffè Americano, short: 5 calories, 0g fat, 1g carbs, 0g protein
- Tall Caffè Americano: 10 calories, 0g fat, 2g carbs, 1g protein
- Grande Caffè Americano: 15 calories, 0g fat, 3g carbs, 1g protein
- Venti Caffè Americano: 25 calories, 0g fat, 4g carbs, 1g protein
This low carb Starbucks drink is a blend of fresh brewed coffee and steamed milk.
- Caffè Misto, short: 50 calories, 2g fat, 5g carbs, 0g protein
- Caffè Misto, tall: 80 calories, 3g fat, 8g carbs, 0g protein
The Cappuccino at Starbucks isn’t particularly Keto-friendly, but still lower in carbs when compared to some of the other offerings. The nutrition is the same for the Blonde Cappuccino as well.
- Cappuccino, short: 80 calories, 3g fat, 8g carbs, 5g protein
- Cappuccino, tall: 90 calories, 3.5g fat, 9g carbs, 6g protein
- 1 shot of espresso: 5 calories, 0g fat, 1g carbs, 0g protein
Espresso Con Panna
I had no idea that Starbucks served this and I’m really excited to try it! The Espresso Con Panna is just espresso with a dollop of their delicious whipped cream. It almost seems like it was made for the Keto Diet.
- Espresso Con Panna: 30 calories, 3g fat, 2g carbs, 0g protein
The Flat White is a blend of espresso and steamed whole milk. This one is a little high in carbs too, so be conscious when making a decision that will fit into your daily carb count. Nutrition information is also the same for the Blonde Flat White.
- Flat White, short: 110 calories, 5g fat, 9g carbs, 6g protein
The Caffè Latte is a blend of espresso and steamed milk, with a light layer of foam. Available in regular or blonde.
- Caffè Latte, short: 100 calories, 3.5g fat, 10g carbs, 6g protein
Starbucks Reserve Latte
- Reserve Latte, short: 110 calories, 6g fat, 9g carbs, 6g protein
A simple blend of rich espresso with a kiss of steamed milk and foam.
- Solo Espresso Macchiato (1): 10 calories, 0g fat, 1g carbs, 0g protein
- Double Espresso Macchiato (2): 15 calories, 0g fat, 2g carbs, 0g protein
- Triple Espresso Macchiato (3): 20 calories, 0g fat, 3g carbs, 1g protein
- Quad Espresso Macchiato (4): 25 calories, 0g fat, 4g carbs, 2g protein
- Short Latte Macchiato: 110 calories, 5g fat, 9g carbs, 6g protein
- Tall Latte Macchiato: 170 calories, 9g fat, 15g carbs, 9g protein
- Grande Latte Macchiato: 220 calories, 11g fat, 19g carbs, 12g protein
Cold Coffee Drinks
If you are ordering an iced coffee at Starbucks, it’s important to know that they add their classic syrup in by default. You can request it without to lower the carbs dramatically.
- Iced coffee, tall + no classic syrup (any size): 0 calories, 0g fat, 0g carbs, 0g protein
- Tall Iced coffee: 60 calories, 0g fat, 15g carbs, 0g protein
- Grande Iced coffee, grande: 80 calories, 0g fat, 20g carbs, 0g protein
- Venti Iced coffee, venti: 120 calories, 0g fat, 30g carbs, 0g protein
- Trenta Iced coffee, trenta: 160 calories, 0g fat, 40g carbs, 1g protein
The cold brew from Starbucks does not come with anything in it. Be sure to not confuse this with the regular iced coffee, which comes with their classic sweetener (made with sugar) already included.
- Cold brew (any size): 5 calories, 0g fat, 0g carbs, 0g protein
Cold brew is my typical order at Starbucks, unsweetened of course. For a sweet treat, I like to add heavy whipping cream and a few pumps of sugar free vanilla syrup.
Nitro Cold Brew
The Nitro Cold Brew is slow-steeped and infused with nitrogen for a super smooth and naturally sweet flavor. If it’s available, I usually get this.
- Nitro Cold Brew (any size): 5 calories, 0g fat, 0g carbs, 0g protein
Cold Foam Cold Brew
- Tall Cold Foam Cold Brew: 25 calories, 0g fat, 4g carbs, 1g protein
- Grande Cold Foam Cold Brew: 30 calories, 0g fat, 5g carbs, 2g protein
- Venti Cold Foam Cold Brew: 30 calories, 0g fat, 5g carbs, 2g protein
- Trenta Cold Foam Cold Brew: 35 calories, 0g fat, 6g carbs, 2g protein
Iced Caffè Americano
Totals are same for regular and blonde roasts.
- Tall Iced Caffè Americano: 10 calories, 0g fat, 2g carbs, 1g protein
- Grande Iced Caffè Americano: 15 calories, 0g fat, 3g carbs, 1g protein
- Venti Iced Caffè Americano: 15 calories, 0g fat, 3g carbs, 1g protein
Hot & Cold Tea
Tea flavors vary depending on the seasons. Make sure that you order your tea unsweetened.
When I’m not in the mood for coffee, the London Fog is an old favorite.
The nutrition information will be pretty standard for all sizes of unsweetened hot tea:
- Hot tea (any size): 0 calories, 0g fat, 0g carbs, 0g protein
If you find a favorite, you can even order a package of the tea bags inside.
If you order just an iced tea, it will come sweetened with an unnecessary amount of cane sugar.
Instead, order the unsweetened iced tea. It comes in a variety of types including: black, green, Passion, white and sometimes there are seasonal flavors as well.
- Iced tea (any size): 0 calories, 0g fat, 0g carbs, 0g protein
What is your favorite low carb Starbucks order?