Is it possible to follow Keto at Olive Garden? Almost sounds like an oxymoron, doesn’t it?
If you would’ve asked me this question a few months ago, I would’ve said you were wasting your time. But as it turns out, there are quite a few low carb options that you can totally enjoy from this popular Italian chain!
Here are a few guidelines to stick to when at Olive Garden:
- Avoid the carb-heavy stuff, including the pasta, pasta bowls and beloved breadsticks. One breadstick will set you back 25g carbs alone.
- Some have said that their Olive Garden let them substitute broccoli for pasta. Your mileage may vary.
- Don’t be afraid to order things separately — à la carte. Restaurants are usually very accommodating!
Nutrition information for the following is for the entire appetizer.
- Chicken Fingers
(220 calories, 11g fat, 12g carbs, 19g protein)
- Stuffed Mushrooms
(380 calories, 30g fat, 13g carbs, 1g fiber, 15g protein) 12g NET
- Spicy Calabrian Chicken Tenders
(900 calories, 67g fat, 19g carbs, 4g fiber, 56g protein) 15g NET
Soups & Salads
The soups really aren’t that Keto friendly, but if you were really sold on indulging, they all come in under 20g net carbs.
I listed the salads with slight variations — make a decision that fits your goals.
(110 calories, 1g fat, 17g carbs, 4g fiber, 5g protein) 13g NET
- Zuppa Toscana
(220 calories, 15g fat, 15g carbs, 2g fiber, 7g protein) 13g NET
- Pasta e Fagioli
(150 calories, 5g fat, 16g carbs, 3g fiber, 8g protein) 13g NET
- Famous House Salad + dressing + croutons
(150 calories, 10g fat, 13g carbs, 2g fiber, 3g protein) 11g NET
- Famous House Salad + dressing, no croutons
(110 calories, 8g fat, 7g carbs, 2g fiber, 2g protein) 5g NET
- Famous House Salad, no croutons or dressing
(30 calories, 0g fat, 5g carbs, 2g fiber, 2g protein) 3g NET
- Italian dressing
(80 calories, 8g fat, 2g carbs, 0g protein)
- Low fat Italian dressing
(30 calories, 2g fat, 2g carbs, 0g protein)
- Chicken Margherita
(400 calories, 25g fat, 11g carbs, 2g fiber, 36g protein) 9g NET
- Chicken Piccata
(370 calories, 22g fat, 12g carbs, 3g fiber, 32g protein) 9g NET
- Herb-grilled Salmon
(460 calories, 29g fat, 9g carbs, 5g fiber, 45g protein) 4g NET
- Salmon Piccata
(580 calories, 40g fat, 12g carbs, 3g fiber, 45g protein) 9g NET
- Chicken Margherita
(570 calories, 30g fat, 13g carbs, 4g fiber, 64g protein) 9g NET
- Chicken Piccata
(530 calories, 27g fat, 12g carbs, 3g fiber, 60g protein) 9g NET
- Grilled chicken
(150 calories, 5g fat, 0.5g carbs, 27g protein)
- Italian sausage, 2 links
(470 calories, 39g fat, 2g carbs, 27g protein)
- Meatballs, 3
(480 calories, 40g fat, 7g carbs, 3g fiber, 23g protein) 4g NET
- Sautéed shrimp
(60 calories, 0g fat, 0g carbs, 14g protein)
- Steamed broccoli
(35 calories, 0g fat, 7g carbs, 4g fiber, 4g protein) 3g NET
- Parmesan crusted zucchini
(90 calories, 7g fat, 5g carbs, 1g fiber, 4g protein) 4g NET
- Garlic mashed potatoes
(150 calories, 8g fat, 17g carbs, 2g fiber, 3g protein) 15g NET
- Alfredo sauce
(440 calories, 43g fat, 5g carbs, 8g protein)
- Marinara sauce
(90 calories, 5g fat, 11g carbs, 2g fiber, 1g protein) 9g NET
- Five Cheese Marinara sauce
(220 calories, 17g fat, 11g carbs, 1g fiber, 5g protein) 10g NET
Tips for Ordering Keto at Olive Garden
- Focus on dishes that are heavy on protein and contain fiber to bring down the net carb counts.
- While some items are low in carbs, they can still be a bit high for a Keto diet (at or under 20g net carbs per day). Order what you like and split it with a friend, or even save it for lunch tomorrow!
- Herb-grilled Salmon with steamed broccoli
(495 calories, 29g fat, 16g carbs, 9g fiber, 49g protein) 7g NET
- House Salad with dressing (no croutons) + order of meatballs
(590 calories, 48g fat, 14g carbs, 5g fiber, 25g protein) 9g NET
- Chicken Piccata (lunch size) with Parmesan crusted zucchini
(460 calories, 29g fat, 17g carbs, 4g fiber, 36g protein) 13g NET
All information was pulled from the Olive Garden nutritional guide.
Do you miss eating out at a certain restaurant since you started a ketogenic diet?
Support No Bun Please
If you found this helpful, please consider sharing this post on social media -- I greatly appreciate it!