Print all restaurant guides
Get the printable version of all restaurant guides for just $9.99!
I greatly appreciate your support.
What can I eat on a Keto diet when eating out?
Most restaurant food is loaded with either sugar or starch -- or a combination of the two. While it may taste great, the net carb counts are often way too high for us Keto dieters.
Here are some options that I order pretty regularly without falling out of ketosis.
Generally speaking, some of the lowest carb options you can choose for an entree include:
- Meat - Enjoy your favorite cuts of beef, pork, chicken, turkey, etc. Just avoid anything battered and deep-fried.
- Sandwiches with no bun - Order your favorite sandwich without the bread. Just be mindful of condiments and toppings that could have high carb counts.
- Lettuce-wrapped burgers - I absolutely love burgers and these are perfect for Keto! I load mine up with healthy fats from bacon and avocado.
- Chicken wings - Choose a low carb sauce (like buffalo or ranch) and double-check with the kitchen that they aren't breaded in flour.
- Burrito bowls - Get all of you favorite meats, veggies and toppings. Just avoid the tortilla chips, beans and rice.
Remember, these are general guidelines.
Always double check the nutrition information for your Keto meal if possible.
When choosing a side dish, the most Keto-friendly options tend to be:
- Caesar salad - order without or remove croutons.
- Side salad - choose a creamy dressing like ranch, caesar or bleu cheese.
- Steamed veggies - broccoli, cauliflower, and zucchini are the best options.
- Steamed green beans - add melted lemon butter or bacon for a yummy treat.
- Sauteed mushrooms - these make a great side dish or appetizer.