“This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.”
Keto "Potato" Salad is a wonderful side dish for grilling out with the family! Pair it with your favorite grilled meats like grilled chicken, hotdogs and hamburgers.
While potatoes aren't necessarily low carb, you don't have to go through summer without potato salad!
This Keto potato salad recipe uses cauliflower instead of potatoes, and it is just as delicious. Much like potatoes, cauliflower does a great job of absorbing the flavors of the dressing.
Develop the flavor
When you first add the cauliflower to the sauce, it may not have a very strong flavor.
To develop the flavors, it's important to refrigerate the Keto Potato Salad for at least 2 hours before serving.
This is one of those recipes that tends to get better the longer it sets.
It's easy to fool just about anyone into thinking this mock potato salad is the real deal!
Ingredients in potato salad
The ingredients for this recipe is very similar to a real potato salad. They include:
- chopped cauliflower
- pickle juice or chopped dill pickles
- hard boiled eggs
Looking to switch it up? Try some of these easy variations:
- Instead of cauliflower florets, broccoli adds a nice freshness
- Swapping sour cream for the mayonnaise is lighter and adds a nice tang
- Instead of cauliflower cooked with boiling water, try roasting it instead
- Adding crispy bacon, avocado and cheddar cheese for a cobb salad vibe
This low carb cauliflower potato salad is perfect for almost any kind of diet, including dairy-free.
Sides for grilling season
Looking for more side options on the Keto Diet? Some of my favorites are:
Keto “Potato” Salad with Cauliflower
- 1 head of cauliflower broken down into florets
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 dill pickles cubed
- 2 hard boiled eggs diced
- ¼ cup red onion diced
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice optional
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil cauliflower in water until fork tender
- Remove from water, drain and set aside
- Combine together mayonnaise, pickles, hard boiled eggs, red onion, mustard, dill pickle juice, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour over cauliflower and mix until evenly incorporated
- Garnish with paprika over top
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving
Want to get started on the Keto diet today?
Following a Keto Diet doesn't have to be a big ordeal!
Here are a few resources that can help you get started today:
- 5 Newbie Mistakes on Keto
- Keto Restaurant Guides
- 7 Day Meal Plan
- Keto Diet Food List
- Macro Calculator
- Coupon Codes & Affiliate Links
So amazing and easy to follow this recipe. Gonna try this and if all goes well I will trying it with the girlfriend. I hope she likes it.
So glad you enjoyed it!