With grilling and picnic season quickly approaching, it is important to have some summertime staples that will not only be delicious, but also align with your eating plan.
One of my favorite side dishes a really great, homestyle potato salad. While potatoes aren’t necessarily low carb, you don’t have to navigate the summer without potato salad!
My low carb potato salad utilizes cauliflower instead of potatoes, and it is just as delicious. The cauliflower is really good for absorbing the flavors that a traditional potato salad gives off.
This low carb potato salad is the perfect side for any of your favorite summer proteins: hotdogs, hamburgers, or sausages!
The flavor gets better as it sets in the fridge, which is why it is recommended to refrigerate for at least 2 hours first.
For an interesting new twist, try using my bacon mayonnaise as the base and possibly swapping cauliflower for broccoli!
Want a printable version of all recipes from No Bun Please?
Get the printable e-book for just $5 and get an updated version every time I add a new recipe for FREE!
I have gotten rave reviews over this recipe. Some people didn’t even realize that it wasn’t a potato dish!
This is perfect for almost any kind of diet, including dairy-free.
- 1 head of cauliflower broken down into florets
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 3 dill pickles cubed
- 2 hard boiled eggs diced
- 1/4 cup of red onion diced
- 3 tablespoons of mustard
- 2 tablespoons of fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons of pickle juice optional
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil cauliflower in water until fork tender
- Remove from water, drain and set aside
- Combine together mayonnaise, pickles, hard boiled eggs, red onion, mustard, dill pickle juice, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour over cauliflower and mix until evenly incorporated
- Garnish with paprika over top
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving
What’s your favorite summertime side dish? Comment below!
Dominic Geracia is a passionate cat dad and Keto enthusiast from Pittsburgh. When he's not motivating the Keto community on Instagram, you can likely find him in the kitchen cooking up something delicious with his husband, Seth.