When I was younger, pasta salad was my absolutely favorite. My mom would make me a special batch without green peppers because I found them disgusting (and still do, to be honest). Her recipe calls for gluten-filled enriched pasta and store-bought Italian dressing. Since I medically have to avoid grains and choose to avoid crappy vegetable oils, I make mine with some slight alterations. Using a Paderno Veggie Spiralizer, I am able to make a pasta substitute that handles just like the real thing! You can use virtually any vegetable, but for this one, I used zucchini. The best part of using zucchini noodles is that they have little to no flavor and take on that of what you mix with it. They are perfect for pasta recipes, including those with sauces! For my Low Carb Pasta Salad, I combine zucchini noodles, fresh vegetables, Italian antipasto and a delectable dressing. This recipe is sure to knock the socks off of your friends and family – they won’t even complain that it’s actually missing real pasta! If you tolerate dairy, you can add some cubed cheddar cheese or possibly some fresh grated parmesan. Some other options include:
Want a printable version of all recipes from No Bun Please?
Get the printable e-book for just $5 and get an updated version every time I add a new recipe for FREE!
- Nuts for texture and crunch
- Fire roasted peppers for sweetness
- Swapping out zucchini for carrots
- Trying a creamier dressing that is mayonnaise based
- Prepare zucchini noodles as mentioned above or here.
- Combine zucchini black olives, banana peppers, salami, and pepperoni in a bowl.
- Pour Creamy Italian Dressing over top and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate at least an hour.
- Right before serving, add tomatoes (tomatoes are gross if they've been refrigerated) and toss.
- Serve and enjoy!