One of my favorite foods that is low carb and totally keto friendly is butter! Now, I know Paula Deen has been having some bad publicity recently for some foul language, but this woman had it right when she would add more butter!
Now, I don’t mean to keep bringing more members of the Food Network into this, but I am a very fond of the Ina Garten, aka the Barefoot Contessa. One episode, she made these delicious looking sandwiches that are apparently popular in France. While I haven’t been to France, the idea of eating a crispy sandwich with the bite of a radish, the creaminess of the butter, and just a tad of salt/herbs just rubbed me the right way.
You can find Ina’s original recipe here:
That’s when it came to me. I can still have this! Radishes are crispy and can still be the perfect vehicle for such a delicious creation.
Radishes with Herb Butter
Crispy and spicy radishes topped with herb butter make a deliciously satisfying snack!
- 1 stick butter, unsalted room temperature
- 1 tablespoon thyme chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Combine all ingredients and refrigerate.
- After the butter has hardened, set it out to become spreadable.
- Spread on top of sliced radishes.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and enjoy!
These radishes spread with herb butter are sure to satisfy the crunch and creaminess of a decadent bistro Panini!
What are your favorite things to eat with radishes? Comment below!