by Dom Geracia
When structuring a new lifestyle change, it is important to be able to still enjoy your favorite foods. When I deny my body/brain of a food I really want, I naturally strike back, but at a three-fold. Instead of having a grilled cheese sandwich, I would eat three. Instead of one beer, I would have five.
But this disordered way of eating doesn’t have to exist. Finding a substitute is a great way to combat the binge eating. Luckily, for those of us on a low carb diet, we can still have our “cake” and eat it, too. My cake (so to speak) happens to be pizza.
A low carb pizza you say? Yes! You can still enjoy pizza on this new way of eating.
Now, I have very specific for a good pizza crust:
- must be able to hold sauce and toppings
- must be seasoned well
- must not contain a million different ingredients
Now, I’ve tried a few different recipes. Coconut flour, almond flour, flax seed, psyllium husk, etc. and they were ok but…
This low carb pizza can be topped with all sorts of different toppings.
Want to switch it up? Try topping with these:
- different herbs and spices (basil, oregano, rosemary, chopped garlic)
- veggies (mushrooms, zucchini, peppers)
- alfredo sauce
- garlic butter
- fresh tomatoes
Still have a pizza craving but aren’t in the mood to make an entire low carb pizza?
Macro/Nutrition: For 1/4 Low Carb Pizza crust (no toppings), this come out to roughly 260 calories, 6 carbs, 5 NET carbs, 21 grams of fat , 1 grams of fiber and 9 grams of protein per serving!
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper ground
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- With a hand/stand mixer, beat together together cream cheese, eggs, pepper, garlic powder and parmesan cheese until combined.
- Spread batter into a greased 9x13 cooking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Add desired toppings and place back in oven for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the toppings are heated through.
What are your favorite pizza toppings? Post below!
Dom Geracia is a long time Keto diet follower who is passionate about simplifying the low carb lifestyle for beginners. When he's not posting yummy food pics on Instagram, you can likely find him cuddling the nearest cat or guzzling down (yet another) iced coffee.
Never miss a post!
Get e-mail updates sent directly to your inbox.