Fall is my favorite time of the year.Â I love everything about it â€“ the leaves turning colors, pumpkin flavored everything, hoodie weather, and most importantly, football season!
Like any Pittsburgh Steelerâ€™s fan, I look forward to the days when I can just hang out with my buddies, drink and eat delicious food!Â The only hard part is avoiding the usual high carb snacksâ€¦
Thatâ€™s where my Keto Pizza Dip comes into play.Â Itâ€™s everything you love about enjoying a pizza minus the carbs: the zesty tomato sauce, the melty and crispy cheese, and most importantly, the meaty toppings! In this case, I used a nice, zesty pepperoni.
Not only will this Keto Pizza Dip be a touchdown at your football parties, itâ€™s also great to keep on hand throughout the week. Itâ€™s tasty served cold or warm.
I served this with sliced celery sticks and for my gluten eating friends, crackers and sliced baguette for dipping.
Thereâ€™s a variety of ways you can alter this recipe.Â Try adding in different toppings to your Keto Pizza Dip.Â It is tasty with leftover meatballs, salami, mushrooms or black olives.Â I have also made this with smoked Provolone cheese in place of Mozzarella and it was fantastic!
Just be prepared to be asked for the recipe, itâ€™s a hit at any party!
Macro/Nutrition: ForÂ 1/12 recipe (roughlyÂ 3Â tablespoons), this come out to roughlyÂ 160Â calories, 2Â carbs, 2Â Â NET carbs,Â 14Â grams of fat,Â 0Â grams of fiber and 7Â grams of protein per serving!
Zesty Pizza Dip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Begin by melting the room temperature cream cheese over low heat on the stop top. When the cream cheese is melted, add the marinara sauce until it is completely incorporated.
- Slice up all of the pepperoni (except for what you will use on top) into quarters and add to the cream cheese and marinara mixture.
- Stir in 1 cup of the cheese and the Italian seasoning until they are melted together.
- Spread your mixture into a non-stick dish (I used a 9" pie pan) and spread it out so it's even.
- Top with remaining mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. I also decided to add a bit more Italian seasoning on top, but that is optional!
- Baked for 18-20 minutes. If you would like a browned crust on top, set your oven to broil and watch it carefully so it doesn't burn for an additional couple minutes.