My sister taught me how to make these Keto Candied Bacon Wrapped Sausages after she had made them for a family gathering. Let me tell you – they are simple and so incredibly delicious.
Do you know how some people have recipes that they always make for events? Yeah. This is one of those dishes. They’re always the first thing gone with my guests and they’re pleasantly addictive to pop in your mouth!
Not only do they do they tantalize the taste buds, they also perfume the entire house like a fragrant holiday ham would.
I’m instantly transported back to Christmas time with my family and it's a magical feeling.
The mixture of bacon fat rendered with the allulose creates a delicious, smoky candied bacon. The end result is absolutely delicious and indulgent.
Choose your brand carefully
Be wary of the brand of sausages you buy. I’ve seen some go from 0g of carbs all the way up to 5!
The brand that I typically use is Lil Smokies by Hillshire Farms.
If you don't have allulose on hand, there are alternatives that will work just as well.
Golden monkfruit will caramelize nicely with the bacon fat, just as brown sugar would.
If you are ok with small amounts of real sugar, brown sugar and/or blackstrap molasses work great in this recipe.
Candied Bacon Sausages
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 1 package mini smoked sausages roughly 40 total
- ¼ cup allulose
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut package of bacon in thirds and wrap each individual smoked sausage with one slice of bacon. Secure with toothpick if necessary.
- Lay all of the bacon wrapped sausages in a single laye on a foiled-lined pan. Place in the oven to bake.
- After 15 minutes, carefully remove pan from oven and sprinkle with allulose.
- Return to oven and bake for roughly 15 additional minutes, or until the bacon reaches your preferred crispness.
- Rest for roughly 10 minutes. A shiny, caramelized shell will form on the outside bacon.
- Enjoy! These are quite addictive.