Back when I first started eating low carb, I was on a mission to find a suitable substitute for potato chips. Now, I'm really fond of my Cheesy Cheddar Crisps, but sometimes you just need a little variety.
After discovering the beauty of pepperoni chips, I always wondered if the same would work for other cured meats. After scouring my local Italian groceria, I discovered a stash of wafer-thin prosciutto.
Prosciutto is a great candidate because it's light and just fatty enough that it doesn't require any additional oil. Once they start crisping in the oven, the entire kitchen will be perfumed with the succulent pork fat (similar to bacon!).
And so it was born, my Crispy Prosciutto Chips. They're only one ingredient and they're DELICIOUS!
As the name suggests, these make an excellent alternative for potato chips. They are also an excellent garnish and really pep up a salad.
I tend to eat these as a snack, usually paired with some Kalamata olives.
Herbs & spices
I don't typically add any herbs or spices to these, but I will on occasion add smoked paprika.
It's a really great flavor!
Crispy Prosciutto Chips
- 4 slices prosciutto
- dried herbs & spices optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a parchment-lined cookie sheet, place slices of prosciutto. Make sure they aren't touching.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes, until crispy. Keep a watch of them as they can burn really quickly.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before eating.