October 11, 2014 by Dominic
It’s safe to say that Fall is finally here! Everything about fall makes me happy: sweaters, hot apple cider, harvest festivals and most importantly — pumpkin flavored EVERYTHING.
For most people, the transition into fall begins with the infamous Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. For me, it all starts with a decadent Pumpkin Roll with Cream Cheese Filling.
Now, I know this recipe looks like it has a ton of ingredients and time. It is very unlike me to post something that is this time consuming and ingredient-heavy. However, I know that once you try this recipe you will be in love! This is my go-to dessert for fall entertaining and holidays!
Want a printable version of all recipes from No Bun Please?
Get the printable e-book for just $5 and get an updated version every time I add a new recipe for FREE!
Phew. Again, I apologize for the length of this post. It’s definitely not my style, but this Pumpkin Roll is out of this word and a must have for this holiday season!
This recipe can be modified in many different ways. In the past, I’ve made a chocolate roll cake that had raspberry filling that was to die for. Another tasty idea would be a red velvet jelly roll! Yum.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup erythritol
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husks
- 1 teaspoon gelatin mixed with 1 tbsp of hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- * to avoid sweeteners omit erythritol and maple extract and use 1/2 cup of maple syrup.
- For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 6 tablespoons butter room temperature
- 8 oz of cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup erythritol or 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a jelly roll pan with coconut oil (including the edges) and line with parchment
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin puree, sweetener (erythritol + maple extract or maple syrup), coconut milk, melted butter, apple cider vinegar and vanilla until evenly incorporated.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together hot water with gelatin. Add it to to other large mixing bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, combine coconut flour, psyllium husks, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves and mix until evenly incorporated.
- Slowly combine dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Stir until completely incorporated.
- Pour into parchment-lined jelly roll pan and place into oven for 15-20 minutes. The cake will be done when you touch the center and it bounces back (kind of like jello).
- Allow cake to completely cool.
- While cake is cooling, combine ingredients for frosting and mix until fluffy.
- When cake is completely cool, remove it from the pan but keep the parchment underneath.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the cake (again, make sure it’s completely cool or the frosting will melt).
- Pick up one side of the cake by the parchment paper and slowly begin to roll the cake inward, forming a roll cake. Do this until you reach the end and you’re left with a cake that almost looks like a rolled up carpet.
- Wrap the cake TIGHTLY in plastic wrap and place into refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- To serve, remove plastic wrap and slice.
What’s your favorite pumpkin recipe? Post below!
Dominic Geracia is a passionate cat dad and Keto enthusiast from Pittsburgh. When he's not motivating the Keto community on Instagram, you can likely find him in the kitchen cooking up something delicious with his husband, Seth.