Apr 8, 2015
When I’m on the go and haven’t prepared a meal a meal to take with me, Wendy’s is one of my favorite spots to pick-up a low-carb and keto-friendly meal. I may be biased because I worked at a Wendy’s when I was in high school, but I feel as though there are some great options that won’t ruin your progress with keto. As always, eating fast food is not ideal, but when you have options available, it makes the lifestyle so much easier to maintain.
For the most part, low-carbing at Wendy’s is pretty standard. You will basically order a sandwich without the bun or get a salad. When I ask for “no bun please,” the workers will generally give you a bun-less sandwich with the toppings on the side in a dish with a fork and knife. It’s pretty convenient! Sometimes, they even put in big lettuce leaves to “wrap” the sandwich in.
* Values below are based on nutrition information from Wendy’s. Values may differ, use your best judgement.
- Jr. Hamburger patty, plain with no bun (120 calories, 8g fat, 0g carbs, 10g protein)
- Single Hamburger patty, plain with no bun (240 calories, 16g fat, 0g carbs, 18g protein)
- Grilled Chicken Breast, plain with no bun (130 calories, 1.5g fat, 3g carbs, 27g protein)
- Applewood Smoked Bacon, 1 strip (20 calories, 1.5g fat, og carbs, 2g protein)
Toppings & Condiments
- American Cheese, 1 slice (40 calories, 3.5g fat, 1g carbs, 2g protein)
- Cheddar Cheese, 1 slice (80 calories, 6g fat, 0g carbs, 5g protein)
- Asiago Cheese, 1 slice (50 calories, 4g fat, 1g carbs, 3g protein)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese (70 calories, 6g fat, 1g carbs, 4g protein)
- Mayonnaise (50 calories, 5g fat, 0g carbs, 0g protein)
- Mustard (5 calories, 0g fat, 0g carbs, 0g protein)
- Ketchup (10 calories, 0g fat, 2g carbs, 0g protein)
- Cheddar Cheese Sauce (2o calories, 1.5g fat, 1g carbs, 1g protein)
- Pickles (3), Red Onion (2 rings), or Iceberg Lettuce (0 calories, 0g fat, 0g carbs, 0g protein)
- Tomato (1 slice) or Spring Mix (5 calories, 0g fat, 1g carb, 0g protein)
- Tartar Sauce (110 calories, 12g fat, 0g carbs, 0g protein)
- Garden Side Salad, no dressing or croutons (25 calories, 0g fat, 5g carbs, 2g fiber, 1g protein)
- Caesar Side Salad, no dressing or croutons (60 calories, 3.5g fat, 4g carbs, 2g fiber, 4g protein)
Dressings & Sauces
- Lemon Garlic Caesar Dressing (110 calories, 11g fat, 2g carb, 2g protein)
- Ranch Dressing (100 calories, 10g fat, 2g carb, 1g protein)
- Light Ranch Dressing (50 calories, 4.5g fat, 2g carbs, 1g protein)
- Italian Vinaigrette (60 calories, 5g fat, 4g carbs, 3g protein)
- Thousand Island Dressing (130 calories, 12g fat, 5g carbs, 0g protein)
- Buttermilk Ranch Dipping Sauce (120 calories, 12g fat, 2g carbs, 0g protein)
- Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Unsweetened Iced Tea (0 calories, 0g fat, 0 carbs, 0g protein)
- Minute Maid Light Lemonade, small (10 calories, 0g fat, 0g carbs, 0g protein)
- 2 Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers, plain + Caesar Side Salad, with dressing (no croutons) + small Minute Maid Light Lemonade (580 calories, 42.5g fat, 11g carbs, 2g fiber, 34g protein) 9 Net Carbs
- 3 Double Stack Cheeseburgers, plain with no bun + pickes + lettuce for wrapping (990 calories, 60g fat, 3g carbs, 75g protein) 3 Net Carbs
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich, plain with no bun + Garden Side Salad + Ranch Dressing + Diet Coke (255 calories, 11.5g fat, 7g carbs, 2g fiber, 29g protein) 5 Net Carbs
- Triple Baconator, plain with no bun + mayonnaise on the side + bottle of water (990 calories, 69g fat, 3g carbs, 0g fiber, 69g protein) 3 Net Carbs
What is your favorite low-carb meal from Wendy’s? Have any additional tips for navigating the menu? Post below!
More Keto Restaurant Guides
Get the printable version of all Keto Eating Out Guides for just $5.
I greatly appreciate your support!
Eat 'n Park
Dominic is a passionate cat dad and Keto enthusiast from Pittsburgh. When he's not motivating the Keto community on Instagram, you can likely find him in the kitchen cooking up something delicious with his husband, Seth.