Here you'll find some of the best items to choose from, as well as my collection of dining out guides for popular chains.
Whether you're looking for fast food or more of a sit-down restaurant, I've got you covered!
Keto Restaurant Guides
Get the printable version of all Keto Eating Out Guides for just $9.99.
I greatly appreciate your support!
Keto on the Go: Low Carb Options at Five Guys
In general, Five Guys is hands down one of my favorite burger joints — pretty surprising for “fast food!” While it pains me to pass on the delicious (and plentiful) Cajun fries, there are plenty of other options that make the venture SO worth it! Overview Five Guys conveniently provides roasted peanuts to snack on…
Keto on the Go: Low Carb Options at KFC
Keto at KFC? Yep, you heard it right! While KFC has been turning out finger lickin’ Kentucky fried chicken since the 1930’s, the menu has evolved over time to include many different options. Surprisingly enough, you can eat pretty well here and still follow the low carb guidelines of the Keto diet. Tips for Following…
Keto on the Go: Low Carb Options at Eat’n Park
Being from Pittsburgh, Eat’n Park is naturally one of my absolute favorite restaurants. Now if you’re not from the area, you’re probably wondering… what in the heck is Eat’n Park? Let me enlighten you. The best ranch dressing. Smiley cookies. Superburger. The list goes on. No, really. Shredded pot roast sandwich (gravy on everything, of…
Keto on the Go: Low Carb Options at Chick-fil-A
If you’ve been panicked to find a Keto-friendly option in a pinch, there are a few low carb options at Chick-fil-A that should keep you satisfied. Overview For the most part, you’ll want to avoid the bread on the sandwiches or wraps (obviously) and the amazing sweet tea. Also, the delicious sauces. Fortunately, there are…
Keto on the Go: Low Carb Options at Chipotle
Chipotle is one of my absolute favorite stops for a quick Keto-friendly lunch. The flavors are simple, fresh and delicious. Want to recreate some familiar Chipotle flavors at home? My Instant Pot Barbacoa Chipotle Copycat is super tasty and convenient for make ahead meals! Overview Very basic protocol here — avoid tortillas, chips, rice and…
What can I eat on a Keto diet when eating out?
Most restaurant food is loaded with either sugar or starch -- or a combination of the two. While it may taste great, the net carb counts are often way too high for us Keto dieters.
Here are some options that I order pretty regularly without falling out of ketosis.
Generally speaking, some of the lowest carb options you can choose for an entree include:
- Meat - Enjoy your favorite cuts of beef, pork, chicken, turkey, etc. Just avoid anything battered and deep-fried.
- Sandwiches with no bun - Order your favorite sandwich without the bread. Just be mindful of condiments and toppings that could have high carb counts.
- Lettuce-wrapped burgers - I absolutely love burgers and these are perfect for Keto! I load mine up with healthy fats from bacon and avocado.
- Chicken wings - Choose a low carb sauce (like buffalo or ranch) and double-check with the kitchen that they aren't breaded in flour.
- Burrito bowls - Get all of you favorite meats, veggies and toppings. Just avoid the tortilla chips, beans and rice.
Remember, these are general guidelines.
Always double check the nutrition information for your Keto meal if possible.
When choosing a side dish, the most Keto-friendly options tend to be:
- Caesar salad - order without or remove croutons.
- Side salad - choose a creamy dressing like ranch, caesar or bleu cheese.
- Steamed veggies - broccoli, cauliflower, and zucchini are the best options.
- Steamed green beans - add melted lemon butter or bacon for a yummy treat.
- Sauteed mushrooms - these make a great side dish or appetizer.