Nope, I’m not dead. A lot of people have been asking where I’ve been and that they miss my posts! It is truly a great feeling that there are people that really depend on my little blog here for recipes and for being successful on their ways of eating!
Over the course of my nearly three month hiatus, I am really making an effort to be back for good. There have been some major changes in my life and 2014 has been exceptionally great to me thus far.
With that being said, I am making some changes to my diet. Keto combined with Primal/Paleo/Ancestral eating just really makes sense to me. Nutrient dense, grain-free foods bereft of chemicals and sweeteners seems like the best option to me!
Now that that is out of the way, let’s get to the good stuff. This paleo banana bread.
I am fortunate enough to have a boyfriend that is extremely supportive of my desire to remain gluten-free. For Valentine’s Day, he made me this delicious paleo banana bread, and we went to a Brazilian Steakhouse for dinner. There was meat galore and it was glorious.
Paleo Banana Bread
Per Serving 198 calories
Fat 15 g
Carbs 12 g
Protein 6 g
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon golden flax meal
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mash ripe bananas with fork until a past is formed.
- Combine with eggs, honey, butter until evenly distributed.
- In a separate bowl, mix together almond flour, flax meal, salt and baking soda.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients until evenly distributed.
- Scoop into greased loaf pan (coconut oil works great here).
- Bake for roughly 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before slicing.
This bread is extremely moist and delicious. I loved it served with a big slice of Kerrygold butter.
I am really excited to be back and to continue on my journey to health!
Have you been inspired by something recently lately? Post below!