When structuring a new lifestyle change, it is important to be able to still enjoy your favorite foods. When I deny my body/brain of a food I really want, I naturally strike back, but at a three-fold. Instead of having a grilled cheese sandwich, I would eat three. Instead of one beer, I would have five.
But this disordered way of eating doesn’t have to exist. Finding a substitute is a great way to combat the binge eating.
Luckily, for those of us on a low carb diet, we can still have our “cake” and eat it, too. My cake (so to speak) happens to be pizza.
A low carb pizza you say? Yes! You can still enjoy pizza on this new way of eating.
Now, I have very specific for a good pizza crust:
- must be able to hold sauce and toppings
- must be seasoned well
- must not contain a million different ingredients
Now, I’ve tried a few different recipes. Coconut flour, almond flour, flax seed, psyllium husk, etc. and they were ok but…
Low Carb Pizza
By September 30, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 40 mins
A low carb pizza recipe that is sure to satisfy any of your carb-filled cravings!
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper ground
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- With a hand/stand mixer, beat together together cream cheese, eggs, pepper, garlic powder and parmesan cheese until combined.
- Spread batter into a greased 9x13 cooking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Add desired toppings and place back in oven for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the toppings are heated through.
This low carb pizza can be topped with all sorts of different toppings.
Instead of sauce you could try:
- alfredo sauce
- garlic butter
- fresh tomatoes
Instead of using pepperoni you could try:
- different herbs and spices (basil, oregano, rosemary, chopped garlic)
- veggies (mushrooms, zucchini, peppers)
Still have a pizza craving but aren’t in the mood to make an entire low carb pizza?
What are your favorite pizza toppings? Post below!